Author: Christi Davis
Recipe type: Gluten Free
Yield: 3-4 Servings
- 1 Serving/Scoop Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder
- ¼ Cup Almond Flour
- ¼ Cup Cassava Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Non-Dairy Milk or Water (I used almond milk or can use coconut milk)
- 1 Egg
- 2 TBSP Melted Ghee (can use organic butter or coconut oil)
- ½ Cup Organic Blueberries – more for topping
- Coconut Oil Spray
- Optional: Top with slivered almonds, berries, bananas, etc. Can drizzle with almond butter, date syrup or pure maple syrup.
- Allow waffle iron to heat up.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the dry ingredients: protein powder, almond & cassava flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Lightly stir.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the eggs, vanilla extract, and almond milk. Do NOT add ghee yet.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Work out lumps but don’t overmix the batter.
- Important, wait until all above are mixed before adding melted ghee. Add in ghee, mix until combined.
- Add in the blueberries until incorporated into batter.
- Once iron is heated, lightly spray (with coconut oil) both sides & ladle in batter (about ½ – ¾ cup) – don’t overfill iron.
- Cook about 5 minutes until golden outside and center stiffens up (not jiggly).
- Enjoy topped with one of the above optional items.
*Try and use all organic ingredients if possible.