Author: Christi Davis
Recipe type: Gluten Free / Dairy Free / Vegan
Yield: 6 Servings
- ¾ Cup Hot Filtered Water
- 1 ¼ Cups Cashews
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 3 TBSP Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Sea Salt, Plus more to Taste
- 2 TBSP Medium Salsa
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender such as a Vitamix.
- Blend on low and then bump speed to high once ingredients are incorporated.
- Blend about one minute until achieve a smooth, creamy texture.
- To thin out the queso, feel free to add more water – one tablespoon at a time.
- You can also add more flavor, by increasing nutritional yeast, cumin, or chili powder.
- For queso with a kick, add a few extra dashes of cayenne.
- Serving Inspiration: Enjoy with raw veggies, gluten free crackers/chips, as a taco topper, or with quesadillas and even over a burrito.
- Storage: In fridge – 5-7 days. In freezer up to a month. Add more water when reheating.
*Try and use all organic ingredients if possible