Author: Christi Davis
Recipe type: Gluten Free / Dairy Free
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 .5 lbs. Organic Chicken Breast – Fat trimmed – Cut each breast in half
- 1.5 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1.5 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1.5 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1.5 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¾ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper or to Taste
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 3 Cups or More Fresh Broccoli Florets
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- Optional Veggie Swap: Asparagus / Green Beans / Zucchini Ribbons
- In a small mixing bowl add turmeric, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and black pepper. Mix until combined.
- Coat the chicken, both sides with dry ingredients.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add the coconut oil.
- Once oil is melted, brown the chicken on both sides for about 6-8 minutes per side. Keep chicken covered with lid.
- Once 2nd side is about finished, add in the broccoli resting on top of chicken.
- Add about ¼ to ½ cup water to bottom of pan so it’s not dry. Cover & cook 5 minutes.
- Uncover & slowly pour lemon juice over broccoli.
- Optional: Add a few pinches of sea salt to broccoli.
- Allow chicken to rest 5 minutes off heat before slicing.
*Try and use all organic ingredients if possible