Author: Christi Davis
Recipe type: Gluten Free / Dairy Free
Servings: 15 (2 Balls = 1 serving)
- 10 Pitted Medjool Dates
- ½ Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 TBSP Chia Seeds
- 1 ¼ Cup Ground Flax Seed
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Sun Butter (sunflower seed butter)
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Powder (or Pure Vanilla Extract)
- 2 TBSP Raw Honey
- ½ Cup Cacao Nibs
- Soak dates in warm water for about 5 minutes – until they soften. Just enough water to submerge dates.
- Pour dates and soaking water into a high-speed blender (64 oz Vitamix) or regular sized food processor.
- Add pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, sun butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and honey. Blend well.
- Add in the cacao nibs and allow a few pulses (still want the nibs in whole form).
- Roll into small 1” – 2” size balls. Place in large glass container with lid.
- Store in fridge or freezer. Recommend storing cold a few hours before consuming.
- Set aside at room temperature (for thawing) a few minutes before serving.
- Keep in freezer up to 30 days. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
*Try and use all organic ingredients if possible