Super Mushroom Bisque Recipe
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Red Onion, finely chopped
- 5 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 5 Oz. Maitake Mushrooms – Finely Chopped
- 5 oz. Shiitake Mushrooms – Finely Chopped
- 16 oz. Baby Portobella Mushrooms – Finely Chopped
- 6 oz. King Oyster Mushrooms – Finely Chopped
- 2 TBSP Tamari
- 2 TBSP Nutritional Yeast
- 14 oz. Can Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 5 oz. Can Unsweetened Coconut Cream
- 1 ¼ Cup Mushroom Broth (or Vegetable Broth)
- Sea Salt to Taste
- Cracked Black Pepper to Taste
- Optional: 1 Tablespoon Ghee and fresh basil
- In a large pot, add the olive oil on medium heat. Add the onion and cook about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add in the garlic, rosemary, oregano, and basil – cook for one minute.
- Next add in all the mushrooms. Pour in the Tamari. Stir until combined. Cover and allow to lightly simmer for 10 minutes. The liquid will naturally release from the mushrooms.
- Next add in the coconut milk, coconut cream, nutritional yeast, broth, salt, and pepper. Stir and allow to cook uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- Optional: Add 1 Tablespoon ghee to pot. Garnish with fresh basil. Another option is to blend the soup with an immersion blender – depends on your desired consistency.
*Try to use all organic ingredients if possible