18 – 20 MINUTES
Author: Christi Davis
Recipe type: Gluten Free
Yield: 16 Muffins
- 1 Cup Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill Brand)
- ¾ Cup Gluten Free Cassava Flour
- 1 ½ TSP Baking Powder
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- 2 TSP Pumpkin Spice Seasoning
- 1 TSP Cinnamon
- 1 TSP Himalayan Sea Salt
- ¾ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- ½ Cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 15 oz. Can Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil – Melted
- ¼ Cup Non-Dairy Milk (I used Oat Milk or Use Whole Fat Coconut Milk)
- 1 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Organic Eggs
- ½ Cup Mini Chocolate Chips (I used Enjoy Life Brand)
- ¼ Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 ½ TSP Cinnamon
- 6 TBSP Gluten Free Oat Flour
- 2 TBSP Ghee or Non-Dairy Butter – Melted
- ¼ TSP Himalayan Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin pans with muffin wrappers.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients for Crumble until combined. Place in refrigerator until ready to be used.
- In a mixing bowl – add all of your dry ingredients. Whisk together until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl – add applesauce, coconut sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla and eggs. When melting coconut oil – add the non-dairy milk to it so oil doesn’t solidify. Add both to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Combine both wet and dry ingredients with a spoon (don’t use electric mixer) – until combined, ensuring not to overmix batter.
- Add chocolate chips to batter.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups filling about 2/3 way.
- Bake muffins for 10 minutes and remove from oven. Use crumble and literally crumble with fingers on top of muffins.
- Place back in oven for another 8-10 minutes – depending on your oven. Check with toothpick to ensure cooked.
- Storage Recommendation: Store in refrigerator and pop in micro for 10 seconds before eating. Will last about 1 week in refrigerator. Can also freeze these muffins.
*Try and use all organic ingredients if possible.