Author: Christi Davis
Recipe type: Gluten Free / Dairy Free / Vegan
Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion – Diced
- 8 Garlic Cloves – Minced
- 4 Organic Celery Stalks – Ends Trimmed & Diced
- 1 ½ Cups Organic Rainbow Carrots – Diced
- 8 oz. Organic Baby Portabella Mushrooms – Ends Trimmed & Diced
- 1 Small Organic Zucchini – Ends Trimmed & Diced
- 2 – 28 oz. Cans – Organic Crushed Tomatoes
- 32 oz. Organic Vegetable Broth + 4 oz. More
- 1 15 oz. Can Organic Red Kidney Beans (Non-BPA Lined)
- 1 15 oz. Can Organic Lentil Beans (Non-BPA Lined)
- 2 Cups Organic Spinach – Chopped
- 1 TSP Oregano
- 2 ½ TSP Himalayan Sea Salt
- ¼ TSP Black Pepper
- 6-8 Basil Leaves – Loosely Chopped
- 12 oz. Jovial Brown Rice Pasta – Elbows (Gluten Free)
- In large pot, add olive oil and heat until warmed. Add onion and cook until translucent – about 5-8 minutes. Add garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add celery and carrots to pot. Add 4 oz. of vegetable broth to help soften veggies.
- Next add mushrooms and zucchini. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Add both cans of crushed tomatoes, 32 oz. vegetable broth along with red kidney beans and lentils.
- Season with salt, pepper, oregano and fresh basil.
- Let simmer about 15 more minutes. Add spinach to pot 2 minutes before serving.
- Prepare pasta according to directions.
- Scoop ½ cup cooked pasta into serving bowls and ladle in your soup.
- Top with basil.
*Try and use all organic ingredients if possible.