12 – 15 MINUTES
Author: Christi Davis
Recipe type: Gluten Free / Dairy Free
Yield: 10-12 Servings
- 2 ½ Cups Gluten Free Flour (recommend Cup for Cup or King Arthur – Measure for Measure)
- 1 ½ TSP Baking Soda
- 1 TSP Salt
- ¾ Cup Vegan Butter – Melted (plus more for greasing muffin pan)
- 2 TBSP Canola Oil
- ½ Cup Coconut Sugar
- 4 TBSP Honey
- 5 Ripe Bananas Mashed (smooth as possible texture)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Vegan Mini Chocolate Chips (recommend Guittard or Enjoy Life)
- reheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease mini muffin pan with vegan butter.
- In medium mixing bowl, add dry ingredients – flour / baking soda / salt and whisk together. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, add melted butter, canola oil, honey and coconut sugar. Mix on medium 1 minute.
- Add vanilla and eggs – mix until blended.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Don’t overmix.
- Add mashed bananas and mix until smooth and blended – not overmixing.
- Blend in chocolate chips.
- Evenly spoon batter into mini muffin cups. May need two mini muffin pans.
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes – keep a close eye on them – may need to rotate shelves. Use toothpick to test if done. Toothpick should have some clumps or be clean before removing.
*Try and use all organic ingredients if possible.