ROLL & CHILL TIME:
Author: Christi Davis
Recipe type: Gluten Free / Dairy Free / Vegan
Yield: 20 Bites
- ½ Cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- ¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 Pitted Medjool Dates
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Peanut Butter
- 1 Medium Banana – Peeled and Chunked
- ½ Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder – (Recommend Truvani)
- ¼ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Organic Banana Chips
- Optional: ¼ Cup Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (Recommend Enjoy Life Brand Dairy Free)
- In a small food processor, add the oats, salt and Medjool dates until finely ground.
- Next add peanut butter until smooth.
- Blend in vanilla, protein powder and water until fully blended.
- Transfer mixture to medium bowl.
- Add the banana chips back to food processor and allow to chop into small pieces (but not finely ground).
- Pour into mixture and mix with a spoon.
- Roll out the 1st 10 protein bites – size should be about 1”-2” size.
- Next add chocolate chips to remaining mixture and roll out the other 10 bites.
- Place on a cookie sheet and allow to chill for about 30 minutes. Transfer to bowl and keep refrigerated for up to 4 days. Also will freeze well.
*Try and use all organic ingredients if possible.