Author: Christi Davis
Recipe type: Gluten Free / Dairy Free / Vegan
Yield: 1 Serving
- ½ Cup Certified Gluten Free Rolled Oats (ideally organic)
- 1 teaspoon Organic Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt (Pinch)
- 1 ½ TBSP Chia Seeds
- 1 TBSP Ground Flax Seeds
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk (or Your Preferred Non-Dairy Unsweetened Milk)
*Add more for desired consistency the next day
- 2 Medjool Dates – Pitted (can do 1 date for less sweet)
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ Medium to Large Sized Banana – Chopped
- 2 TBSP Organic Unsweetened/Almond Butter (or other nut butter of choice)
- In a mason jar, add oats, cinnamon, salt, chia seeds, and ground flax. Stir to evenly combine.
- In a small blender (I use Nutri-Bullet), add 1 cup of coconut milk and 2 pitted medjool dates. Blend until combined. There will be small bits of date – it will not completely dissolve.
- Pour entire milk contents plus vanilla extract into mason jar with dry ingredients. Stir until combined. May need to add slightly more milk to loosen up texture.
- Add almond butter in small dabs at a time. Stir gently.
- Add in the banana – stir gently
- Place lid on mason jar and refrigerate overnight.
- Serving Options: Cold / Warmed in small pot / microwave about 30-45 seconds | Add additional liquid to desired consistency.
- Optional Additions/Substitutions: Sliced Organic Strawberries, Sliced Bananas, Blueberry’s, Apple
*Try and use all organic ingredients if possible.