Author: Christi Davis
Recipe type: Gluten Free / Dairy Free / Vegan
Yield: 6-8 Servings
- 1 13.5 oz. Can Organic Unsweetened Coconut Milk – Full Fat (Recommended Brand: Native Forest)
*REFRIGERATE CAN OVERNIGHT BEFORE PREPARING
- 2 TBSP Organic Pure Maple Syrup (refrigerated)
- ½ Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- If using a Kitchen Aid mixer, place bowl and whisk in freezer 1 hour before preparing. If using a glass bowl and standard hand mixer, place bowl and whisks in freezer 1 hour before preparing.
- Open can with can opener – ONLY SCOOP OUT SOLID MILK – Reserve the liquid at bottom of can.
- Place coconut cream in mixer. Begin blending on low working out the lumps in the coconut cream. You may need to stop and start several times, scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Whip on medium high until cream gets fluffy. Next add in about 1 TBSP of the coconut liquid from the can – this will help work out those remaining lumps. You may need to do this 1-3 times depending on the consistency. Be sure not to use too much liquid or cream will fall flat.
- Next add refrigerated maple syrup and then vanilla. Blend until combined.
- Suggested Uses: Can use as shown with fresh strawberries or berries of choice sprinkled with organic Cacao | Frosting for cake or cupcakes | Use on top of pancakes or waffles | Hot cocoa topping
*Try and use all organic ingredients if possible.