1 Hour 28 Minutes
Author: Christi Davis
Recipe type: Gluten Free / Vegan
Yield: 12-16 Cookies
- 2 TBSP Pure Maple Syrup
- ½ Cup Organic Canola Oil
- ¼ Cup Water
- ¾ Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Cassava Flour
- ½ Cup Gluten Free Baking Flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Baking Flour)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt (or any fine salt)
- 1/3 Cup Cacao Powder
- ¾ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips (70% or higher – I used Enjoy Life Brand)
- In medium mixing bowl, mix the following ingredients until combined – syrup, canola oil, water, coconut sugar & vanilla extract.
- Add in the other ingredients: both flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt & cacao. Try not to overmix.
- Slowly fold in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for a minimum of 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, let sit on counter 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat Oven: 350 Degrees
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop cookies and spread evenly among 2 cookie sheets. Will make between 12-16 cookies.
- Baking Time: All ovens vary! Start checking around 12-14 minutes. Can take up to 18 minutes.
Baking Tip: Watch cookies CAREFULLY! They can overbake super-fast!
- Cool on counter for about 2 minutes and transfer to cooling rack.
*Try and use all organic ingredients if possible.