Author: Christi Davis
Recipe type: Gluten Free / Dairy Free
Yield: 4-6 Servings
Chicken Sausage Ingredients:
- 12 oz. Organic Chicken Sausage Links Slice Long & Cut in Thirds (used Wegman’s Mushroom Herb Flavor)
- 3 Garlic Cloves – Minced
- ¼ of Medium Red Onion – Chopped
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- ½ TSP Sea Salt
- ¼ Cup Vegetable or Chicken Broth
Broccoli Rabe Ingredients:
- 1 Bunch Broccoli Rabe – Rinsed & Roughly Chopped
- 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove – Minced
- ½ TSP Himalayan Sea Salt
- ½ Cup Vegetable Broth
Quinoa: Prepare According to Directions on Package
Chicken Sausage Instructions:
- In large frying pan, add olive oil and heat on medium. Once warm, add onion and sauté until softens – about 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Add broth to pan.
- Toss in sausage. Season with sea salt.
- Let simmer on low for 8-10 minutes – until sausage is cooked through. Remove from heat.
Broccoli Rabe Instructions:
- In medium sized pot, add 2 cups water and come to boil.
- Once boiling, add broccoli rabe – blanch for 1 ½ – 2 minutes. Don’t overcook. Do fork test and make sure cooked but not too soft.
- Drain broccoli rabe and reserve about ½ cup liquid from pot. Add rabe & reserved water back to pot.
- Add olive oil and garlic – cook another 2 minutes. Add broth and sea salt. Adjust salt as needed.
*Try and use all organic ingredients if possible.